By far it is very true that some of the most amazing and well-crafted buildings and monuments are the works of skilled engineers who give it the element of uniqueness. But, engineers can engineer a lot more than the buildings and apartments that surround us. Before they are actually able to get to the reality of doing that, they need to engineer and work on their resumes the most. This apparently is the most important step, especially because an engineer’s resume is what gets him noticed and makes him stand out from the rest of the crowd. In other words, it acts as a medium of marketing their skills in front of the right set of people.
The first and most basic step is to prepare a thorough resume based on the guidelines of Engineers Australia because it is this consortium that helps engineers from all walks of life connect with each other and form a resourceful and efficient network. To know how to engineer those perfect and impressive resumes why not take a look at some of the core critical points to be kept in mind.
THE ABC OF CRAFTING YOUR RESUME
Before generalizing how to write an impressive resume for Engineers Australia, let us take a look at some of the common but important points. To get that crisp yet concise professional engineer’s resume you need to make sure that it isn’t too lengthy and doesn’t state things that are already mentioned before. To keep a tab on the accuracy of your resume listed below are a few guidelines.
- Keep the length of your resume between 3 to 5 pages only.
- Use a very simple and non-fancy font and keep the size fixed to either 11 or 12.
- Rather than writing paragraphs after paragraphs, it will be better if you mention all important details in bullet point format.
- Start in the descending order with your most recent work experience mentioned above followed by the older ones later.
- Mention in brief a little about your hobbies and interests as well.
- Before finalizing the actual resume make sure you proofread it and see to it that there are no grammatical and spelling mistakes.
- In the case of emailing your resume always use the PDF or MS Word format only.
While focusing on the above-mentioned points it will be advisable that one,
- Writes all the details with precision (don’t falsify or mention any incorrect information)
- Be concise and to the point.
- Instead of starting with an objective mention and note down a summary (make it impactful and self-explanatory).
- Tailor and handcraft all your responsibilities based on the requirement of the job that you are applying to.
- Absolutely make it a point to mention your key accomplishments and achievements.
Must-Have Sections in your Engineering Resume for Australia
It is very necessary to stick to a certain format while working on your engineering resume template for Australia. An employer will first see how well drafted a resume is and has all the necessary information mentioned in a properly structured manner. Listed below is the format that one should ideally follow.
- Name and contact details: mention your address, mobile and phone number along with your email address. (While mentioning your email id please take note that it is an email address which is professional and not something inappropriate. It is always better to have a separate email address for all professional purposes)
- Educational Qualifications: an eagle eye view of all your educational qualifications mentioned in bullet points. Only mention the name of the degree, the name of the university and the year that you were given that degree.
- Employment details: Mention all necessary information in bullet points and make sure you include details such as the name of the company, a designation held there, your duties and responsibilities assigned to you.
- Additional information: it is always better to give your employers an overview of you as a person as well. In a few points mention your hobby, interests and language skills.
- References: It is ideal to mention up to 3 references in your professional engineer resume. Also, be mindful that you inform your references and take permission before doing so.
Given above is an engineer Australia resume sample, which you can follow and take note of. Before you end your power pact resume make sure that you mention and detail some of the projects that you have been associated with.
Since resumes are used as a tool to finally take a call on whether a candidate is fit for a certain job or not, it is very crucial that a professional engineers resume contains all the factors that are necessary to make the cut. Follow all the given information to the T and it is guaranteed that your engineers Australia resume will take you to greater heights of success.