There is no wonder why Australia is one of the most favourable destinations for chemical engineers. The country holds a reputable position in the global markets and is providing tons of work and business opportunities to chemical engineers these days. In recent years, the demand for Chemical Engineers has been increasing in various parts of Australia. So if you are aspiring to work engineering consultancies and chemical processing companies of Australia, it is the right time to apply. Here is a CDR report sample for Chemical Engineers that one can refer to understand the job role of a Chemical Engineer.
What does a Chemical Engineer do?
Australia New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations (ANZSCO) defines the job responsibilities and duties of chemical engineers under the occupation code 233111. Chemical engineers are called Universal Engineers. They are generally involved in designing and development of chemical processes. They need to optimize the chemical processes, conduct research and monitor the environment. Chemical engineers work in a variety of industries like healthcare, design, construction, manufacturing, pharmaceuticals, food processing and polymers. They need to apply their technical skills, chemical engineering principles, teamwork abilities and communication skills in order to achieve the goals of the organization.
What are the tasks of a Chemical Engineer?
- Using scientific methods and chemical engineering principles to solve problems and improve the chemical engineering processes
- Administering the purchase and installation of equipment
- Assessing the safety issues involved with chemical processes and ensuring safe working conditions
- Ensuring that correct materials and equipment are being used that comply with the standards
- Diagnosing the faults in chemical plants and taking action in order to rectify those faults
- Reviewing plans for new products and providing recommendations on whether to incorporate them in the chemical process or not
- Reviewing the data of failures in the process and implementing laboratory tests to find the causes of the faults
- Developing solutions to environmental problems like pollution, global warming
- Visiting the work sites and learning about the project needs, implementation, design, troubleshooting and testing
- Designing plans to make sure that the goals of the company are met. Reviewing, correcting and implementing those plans as required
How WriteCDR can help?
Don’t have the time to prepare your Competency Demonstration Report? Facing issues in preparing your career episodes? We understand there can be a number of reasons why you are not able to make the CDR report as required. That is why we are here to guide you at every step. From creating the CPD (Continuous Professional Development) list to CDR summary statement, our writers can provide you with a personalized CDR report without any hustle.
It is obvious that the language of the CDR should be effective and error-free. Many times applicants are not able to edit their CDR correctly. As a result, there can be grammatical mistakes, language inconsistencies, or logical errors in the CDR. Our talented editors and proofreaders edit each report keenly and guarantee that there will be no error in the report.
It is important to mention the Career Episodes in an authentic manner otherwise the assessors may reject the CDR. Applicants are not able to mention the career episodes in a clear manner hence face issues in completing their report. Our CDR writers keep in mind all the requirements of writing Career Episodes hence ensure that the applicant receives high quality, error-free and completely unique CDR. To find out more about our services connect with our writers today and seek assistance.
CDR Report Sample for Chemical Engineers
The Competency Demonstration Report Sample for Chemical Engineer includes all the necessary reports such as Three Career Episodes, Continuing Professional Development and Summary Statement. The Content of the Chemical Engineer CDR Report Sample is as follow:
Chemical Engineer Career Episode Report 1
Project Name: “Offline cleaning of effluent water discharge pipeline de-scaling of Terengganu Crude Oil Terminal (TCOT)”
In first career episode, the author describes the project he did when he was working as a Chemical Engineering Trainee. This career episode is based on his project named as; “Offline cleaning of effluent water discharge pipeline de-scaling of Terengganu Crude Oil Terminal (TCOT)”. During the time, the responsibilities of the author were to:
- Study and analyze the physical characteristics of the scale build up in the TCOT water line
- Estimate the chemical volume required for the treatment and preparing the test solutions
- Develop the operating philosophy of deposit treatment
- Conduct the tracer study based on the simplest application of the displacement technique
- Design the treatment methodology after all the concerning grey area already been confirmed by the TCOT
Chemical Engineer Career Episode Report 2
Project Name: “Production of Electricity Through Extraction of Methane Gases”
In second career episode, the author explains the engineering skills he used when he was doing his internship. During this time his duties and responsibilities in the project “Production of Electricity Through Extraction of Methane Gases” were:
- Performing the biogas plant operations as instructed by the plant manager
- Monitoring the feeding levels and making adjustments as necessary
- Monitoring the biological plant parameters via lab analysis, e.g., pH value to prevent digester upset
- Performing and assisting in the routine maintenance tasks such as CHP oil change and routine greasing
- Assisting in ordering and purchasing plant maintenance consumables, e.g., engine oil, lubricants, wear and tear parts, etc.
Chemical Engineer Career Episode Report 3
Project Name: “Analysis and Treatment Design of Crude Oil Deposit Characteristics and Assessment”
In third career episode, the author explains the engineering skills he used when he was studying Chemical Engineering. During this time his duties and responsibilities in the project “Analysis and Treatment Design of Crude Oil Deposit Characteristics and Assessment” were:
- Arranging meetings with the supervisor to discuss the experimental results
- Developing the safety procedures for working with the chemical handling
- Conducting research to improve the manufacturing process
- Monitoring the results and prepared report on it
- Did sampling of the two crude oil deposits
Chemical Engineer Summary Statement
In his summary statement the author presents all the competency elements required for Professional Chemical Engineer. There are cross references in the summary statement to the relevant paragraph of the episodes, as explained in the Engineers Australia migration skills assessment booklet. His Summary Statement is in complete accordance with the today’s requirements of the Engineers Australia.
Chemical Engineer Continuing Professional Development
The CPD includes professional courses, non-professional courses and private study. CPD Sample clearly explains the author’s Chemical Engineering Knowledge.
Contact WriteCDR.com at firstname.lastname@example.org to get answers to all your queries and doubts regarding CDR writing instantly!