This Competency Demonstration Report for Civil Engineer includes all the necessary documents required as per Engineers Australia guidelines, such as Three Career Episodes, Continuing Professional Development and Summary Statement. The contents present in this Civil Engineer CDR Report Sample is as follow:
Civil Engineer Career Episode Report 1
Project Name: Seismic Analysis and Structural Design of Multi-Storey Mercantile Building
In first Career Episode, the author describes his work in the project named “Seismic Analysis and Structural Design of Multi-Storey Mercantile Building” that happened when he was in his final year of studies doing Bachelor of Civil Engineering. In this project, the author was responsible for successfully conducting the seismic analysis and developing structural drawings of the multi-storey mercantile building. During this project he handle following tasks:
- Managed the project by work breakdown, management of the funds, logistics and technical division
- Revaluated the works done by the other members and completed the project in time
- Managed time by preparing WBS after consultation with the faculty
- Arranged meetings between the colleagues and supervisor
Civil Engineer Career Episode Report 2
Project Name: Design of Property Drainage
In second Career Episode, the author describes his work in the project named “Design of Property Drainage” that happened when he was pursuing his Master Studies in Structural Engineering. In this project, the author explained how he was able to improve his construction knowledge and applied his engineering skills. During this project he handle following tasks:
- Designed the roof gutters and downpipes based on the rainfall intensity obtained from Bureau of Metrology, roof area, and slope of the roof
- Prepared the layout of property drainage pipes and gully pits using the AutoCAD
- Designed the length and diameter of pipes based on slopes, catchment areas, time of concentrations
- Designed the onsite detention design using Upper Parramatta River Catchment Trust (UPRCT)Method
Civil Engineer Career Episode Report 3
Project Name: Design of the Property Drainage
In third Career Episode, the author discusses the project titled “Design of the Property Drainage” that happened when he was working as Intern/Graduate Engineer. In this project, the author explained how he improved his leadership and managerial skills, by coordinating with different departments and teams. The main objectives of the project were:
- Conducted a survey of proposed sites for water flow direction, prediction of annual water level, collection of meteorological data from respective governmental department.
- Prepared the detailed drawing of proposed structures using AutoCAD (L section, Plan, X-section)
- Prepared BOQ, detailed estimate, and abstract of cost.
- Defined and prepared the layout of the structures at the field.
Civil Engineer Summary Statement
In his summary statement the author presents all the competency elements required according to Engineers Australia guidelines. There are cross references in the summary statement to the relevant paragraph of the episodes, as explained in the Engineers Australia migration skills assessment booklet. His Summary Statement is in complete accordance with the today’s requirements of the Engineers Australia.
Civil Engineer Continuing Professional Development
The CPD includes professional courses, non-professional courses and private study. CPD Sample clearly explains the author’s Civil Engineering Knowledge.
Contact WriteCDR at firstname.lastname@example.org to get answers to all your queries and doubts regarding CDR writing instantly!