Mechanical Engineer CDR Report Sample
This Competency Demonstration Report for Mechanical Engineer includes all the necessary documents required as per Engineers Australia guidelines, such as Three Career Episodes, Continuing Professional Development and Summary Statement. The contents present in this Mechanical Engineer CDR Report Sample is as follow:
Mechanical Engineer Career Episode Report 1
Project Name: 400 Beds Hospital Project
In first Career Episode, the author describes his work in the project named “400 Beds Hospital Project” that happened when he was working as a Mechanical Engineer in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. In this project, the author was responsible to complete the project professionally with minimum resources and within allocated budget & specified time as per contract & handover successfully to the client. During this project he handle following tasks:
- Material technical submittal of project: To start the procurement prior to execution material submittals as per specification and BOQ items were prepared and latter submitted to consultant for approval. I was tasked to do this assignment.
- Material take off & order as per approved shop drawing: After receiving approved drawing of HVAC Plumbing & Fire protection, he started making material takeoff precisely. take off & order as per approved shop drawing
- Manpower & tools for project: Many tools were installed to go ahead with the project and to handle those requirements manpower was required. The author duties were to internally check all the work to make sure that installation was done correctly as per shop drawing and as per standard & as per site coordination.
- Preparation of Daily, Weekly & Monthly reports: He prepared the reports actively to keep the management well informed regarding the progress of the project. He also updated material submittals status, drawing submittal to manager for site overall progress condition.
Mechanical Engineer Career Episode Report 2
Project Name: Hilton Hotel Project
In second Career Episode, the author describes his work in the project named “400 Beds Hospital Project” that happened when he was working as a Senior Mechanical Engineer in Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia. In this project, the author explained his role, which was not limited to Planning, Material procurement, Monitoring, Controlling, Subcontracting, Cost control & Quality Assurance. During this project he handle following tasks:
- Review of Complete Design Package: The author was responsible to go through list of drawings, specification, vendor list, calculations, itemized BOQ to make sure all deliverable were ok as per attached list.
- Costing & Procurement Management: For major equipment he did the value engineering. He went through specification received from designer as well as followed brand standard. In this way he reduced the project cost.
- Coordination: He worked parallel with client team as well as with the main contractor. Before starting execution, he coordinated with mechanical, electrical & Arch team and finalized the coordinated drawing for MEP and submitted to consultant for approval.
- Report Writing: He prepared detailed documents which includes front cover, index, HVAC system and in this section, he elaborated detailed work of FCU, linear bar grille, rad grilles and fresh air, thermostat Each grille connected with flexible duct, exhaust duct (insulated) and connected to riser duct and connected to FAHU.
Mechanical Engineer Career Episode Report 3
Project Name: Hilton Hotel Project
In third Career Episode, the author discusses the project titled “Hilton Hotel Project” that happened when he was working as Mechanical Head in Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia. The main objectives of the project were:
- Coordination & Review of Complete Design: He coordinated with Dubai civil defense to get approval of all fire equipment and sent the concept design to client team to review and to have any comments. He also reviewed kitchen and laundry design drawing and specification presented by another designer.
- Bidding & Contracts: He invited contractors did meeting and handed over complete bidding package to them. After receiving techno commercial offer. He evaluated each offer, prepared comparison sheet and discussed internally with project manager.
- Handling of Subcontractor: He did meetings with HVAC, plumbing and Fire protection site managers and asked them to submit material submittal shop drawings, work schedule and complete manpower details (including engineer, supervisor, foremen, technician) assigned on this site.
- Ordering & Sourcing: He sent RFQ to potential suppliers for bidding and received commercial and technical submittal from each supplier. He also prepared price analysis sheet and evaluated technical offer as per specifications and submitted for approval.
Mechanical Engineer Summary Statement
In his summary statement the author presents all the competency elements required according to Engineers Australia guidelines. There are cross references in the summary statement to the relevant paragraph of the episodes, as explained in the Engineers Australia migration skills assessment booklet. His Summary Statement is in complete accordance with the today’s requirements of the Engineers Australia.
Continuing Professional Development Sample
The CPD includes professional courses, non-professional courses and private study. CPD Sample clearly explains the author’s Mechanical Engineering Knowledge.
Contact WriteCDR at email@example.com to get answers to all your queries and doubts regarding CDR writing instantly!