Do you dream about building and giving a backbone to some of the most beautiful monuments and buildings in Australia? Are you a Structural Engineer who dreams and envisions newer designs and layouts? If you are looking for a way to get to Australia, here is some good news. They are looking for you as well. So, waste not a moment more, and apply for the post of a Structural Engineer under the ANZSCO code 233214 today!
What does a Structural Engineer do?
Structural Engineering is a sub-branch of Civil Engineering itself. Having said this, the role and responsibilities are pretty different compared to those of a Civil Engineer. A great part of Structural engineers work goes into designing structures for buildings, bridges, tunnels and other road works. In other words, it can be said that any Structural Engineer is responsible for designing and constructing the skeleton on which the outer body of the building will be cast.
A structural Engineer must have a sound knowledge of math and other IT and analytical skills. They need to be creative so that they can come up with newer age design and structures to support the final look of new projects. A major part of their time goes into taking care of the aspects such as safety when planning and working on a new structure.
What are the tasks of a Structural Engineer?
A typical day in the life of a Structural Engineer will encompass the following tasks:
- Analyzing the properties of all the structures
- Conducting tests to check the behaviour and durability of all the materials used in construction
- Registering and licensing documentation for your designs
- Preparing reports and designs
- Providing guidance on safe designs and constructions
- Administering all the contracts and management work
- Inspecting the properties to evaluate and gauge their condition
How WriteCDR Experts Help?
You have all the necessary qualifications needed and you have the passion to be the best Structural Engineer, but you miss out on your dream of going to Australia just on account of one step going wrong. This one small but crucial step is writing your CDR report.
Because writing a good and plagiarism free CDR report is very important, we at WriteCDR will only give you the best. We have a team of expert CDR report writers who will suit your every diverse need when it comes to CDR writing. So, don’t haggle on your way to Australia and make it a smooth transition. Get in touch with WriteCDR today and be on your way to Australia!
CDR Report Sample for Structural Engineers
The Competency Demonstration Report Sample for Structural Engineer includes all the necessary reports such as Three Career Episodes, Continuing Professional Development and Summary Statement. The Content of the Structural Engineer CDR Report Sample is as follow:
Structural Engineer Career Episode Report 1
Project Name: “Analyzing the Structural Aspect and Rectifying the Fault in the Beam on Site”
In first career episode, the author describes the research project he did when he was working as a Project Engineer. This career episode is based on his project named as; “Analyzing the Structural Aspect and Rectifying the Fault in the Beam on Site”. During the time, the responsibilities of the author were to:
- Assigning project responsibilities to different personnel.
- Studying project designs and client requirements.
- Forecasting and creating programmes to plan the progress schedule of the project.
- Maintaining the inventory and contacting different authorized suppliers for supplying raw material at a designated time so that the progress is not affected.
- Coordinating with the project manager and other team members of the project to provide them with technical assistance.
Structural Engineer Career Episode Report 2
Project Name: “Determination of Construction Material Quality at Construction Site for Quality Control”
In second career episode, the author describes the research project he did when he was working as Project Engineer. During this time his duties and responsibilities in the project “Determination of Construction Material Quality at Construction Site for Quality Control” were:
- Carry out risk assessment of different aspects related to the project with the project team.
- Evaluate the quality of different components being used at the site like cement, sand, Rebars and other hardware material.
- Review the different shop drawings provided by the technical team.
- Supervise the tasks of material payment, storage and logistics.
- Forecast the chain of events to be carried out so that the complete operation was carried out in a planned manner.
Structural Engineer Career Episode Report 3
Project Name: “Identifying and Rectifying Different Construction-Related Problems During Construction of Administrative Complex at Shah”
In third career episode, the author describes the research project he did when he was working as Site Engineer. During this time his duties and responsibilities in the project “Identifying and Rectifying Different Construction-Related Problems During Construction of Administrative Complex at Shah” were:
- Supervise the earthworks and the procedure of casting concrete.
- Prepare the surface for erecting concrete columns and also carry out regular inspections to figure out the columns or structure requiring repair.
- Implement all the safety regulations as required by the regulatory and company guidelines.
- Identify any sort of deviation observed in the construction of building with respect to the given plans and raised the issue with concerned authorities to take all the corrective or preventive actions.
- Carry out a meeting between different departments and resolved different issues pertaining between them.
Structural Engineer Summary Statement
In his summary statement the author presents all the competency elements required for Professional Structural Engineer. There are cross references in the summary statement to the relevant paragraph of the episodes, as explained in the Engineers Australia migration skills assessment booklet. His Summary Statement is in complete accordance with the today’s requirements of the Engineers Australia.
Structural Engineer Continuing Professional Development
The CPD includes professional courses, non-professional courses and private study. CPD Sample clearly explains the author’s Structural Engineering Knowledge.
Contact WriteCDR.com at email@example.com to get answers to all your queries and doubts regarding CDR writing instantly!