Competency Demonstration Report (CDR) is a record that exhibits your aptitudes and information as an engineer according to the Australian guidelines. Engineers Australia (EA) evaluates your CDR before choosing whether you fit into the prefered occupational category or not and then shapes the basis of the visa approval of your movement to Australia.
Since a CDR is the beginning of your Australian Skilled Migration application, don't be self-satisfied with your CDR Report composing. WriteCDR has a bunch of specialists who have a good understanding of the engineering personnel who have been surveyed by EA. They will be glad to support you in every possible way to assist you in setting up an ideal CDR that points your career development and accomplishments in the right way.
Rules for Writing a CDR by Engineers Australia
The awful risk related with endeavouring to compose your CDR is that absence of data or an ineffectively composed report may damage your odds of getting you an Australian Skilled Migration visa. Thus, follow all the rules for CDR given by Engineers Australia cautiously:
- Your Curriculum Vitae is a complete outline of your engineering academics and practical work understanding. It ought to be a sequential listing of your business and not projects you have been working at. It ought to be well presented in A4 size pages and ought not to be more than three pages. For every work environment, mention:
- Name and area of the association alongside its contact details,
- Dates and period of job role,
- Your job title,
- Your job duties as characterized in the appointment letter and a short depiction of your work experience there.
- Your CPD ought to be mentioned in the listing format. It should be only one page long (in A4 size). Underneath, we have mentioned the right way to compose a CPD in detail.
- Career Episodes should be well-written in English. The word limit of every story ought to be between 1,000 to 2,500 words. It is not necessary to make it excessively technical. A career episode is supposed to be composed in the first person and should highlight the work you did as a person in the specific case you set out to describe.
- Number each passage of your career episode in the following way:
- Career episode 1 (paragraphs 1.1, 1.2, 1.3 etc.)
- Career episode 2 (paragraphs 2.1, 2.2, 2.3 etc.)
- Career episode 3 (paragraphs 3.1, 3.2, 3.3 etc.)
- The number of paragraphs will be utilized for cross-referencing in the Summary explanation.
- A Career Episode should showcase an essay but not a table. Refer the guide beneath for the most experienced method to compose a career statement.
- There exists just one summary statement that will be able to cover all of the three Career Episodes. Refer the guide beneath on the best way to create a Summary Statement.
Documents to be submitted along with CDR Report
- Latest passport-size photo
- The first page of your latest edition of the passport that has your name and photo.
- Certificate of academic degree
- Complete and official academic transcript
- Up-to-date CV or Resume
- IELTS or TOEFL iBT result
- Name Change documentation (if relevant)
- Professional Registration Certificate (if relevant)
- Documentary pieces of evidence of Employment throughout the previous one year and also the work as stated in Career Episodes you write in your CDR Report
Here is a quick yet efficient Guide for Writing CDR
- Step by step instructions to compose a CPD CPD represents Continuing Professional Development. It implies that it incorporates all that you did to keep yourself at par with cutting-edge most recent advancements in your department after your undergrad degree.
The CPD for Engineers, Australia must be given in a listing design. It ought not to be a single page long (within an A4 size sheet). The list may incorporate the following details:
- Your postgraduate degree details (regardless of it being a distance course),
- Conferences you joined in,
- the material prepared by you and presented in different courses, conferences, classes and symposia,
- Volunteering or tutoring work you did connect to your engineering field,
- short-duration courses, seminars, classes, technical gatherings and investigations, and conversations you joined in, and
- books, diaries or handbooks you concentrated to acquire information about the domain.
What does a sample CPD look like?
|Serial #||Title of training||Start Date||End Date||Duration||Venue||Training Organization|
|1||MS Visio Training||DD/MM/YYYY||DD/MM/YYYY||Days||Address||Name of Organization|
|3||Work Health & Safety||–||–||–||–||–|
|4||ISO 9001 Certificate||–||–||–||–||–|
WriteCDR group of specialists will be obliged to serve you as a guide for CDR writing. Get in touch with them today to avail FREE counselling on appropriate ways to write a proficient CDR for Australia immigration!
Highlights of a Good CDR
Attributes of a decent CDR are:
- It should be noted that the Career Episodes intend to feature your strengths as a Professional Engineer, Engineering Technologist, Engineering Associate, or Engineering Manager. Consequently, pick them cautiously to exhibit the competency constituent for the engineering category in which you are registering.
- Utilize the correct Australian English. A CDR report is additionally expected to showcase your strong communication skills to the EA evaluator.
- One of the major highlights of a powerful CDR is that it avoids any unessential details that Engineers Australia doesn't request. For example, EA wouldn't want to be aware of the historical background of your organization, achievements of your team, or the industry’s market size or personal information of your past boss. It focuses on what is mentioned about your job in the organization and your devotion to your association as an engineer.
- Be prepared to validate your claims with certifications and confirmations. Show verification of results you pledge to fulfil.
- EA demands prescriptive composing style for the Career Episodes. These Career episodes need to be written in the first person as well as in the active voice. It means that you ought to utilize phrases such as “I looked into”, “I arranged”, “I estimated” and so forth.
- Engineers Australia demands that you compose a well-written Summary Statement wherein you will be required to break down how each passage you wrote in your 'Career Episodes' is linked to the competency components for the applied Skilled Migration class visa. It means that you are required to stay pertinent consistently or you will lose 'examination' points.
WriteCDR experts propose some of the ways that can assist you to showcase your capability as an engineer. You know how to discuss technical difficulties or issues you looked during a project, evaluate the gravity of losses your association would have caused, right steps you took as an engineer to tackle the problems, and awards and acknowledgment you got for your endeavours.
For further information on CDR, contact our specialists at info@WriteCDR.com.